If you’re thinking about becoming pregnant, you should know about gestational diabetes.
Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that develops or is first recognized during pregnancy.
Here are some things to think about:
• How do you know if you’re at risk?
• How will this affect your baby?
• What should you do before you become pregnant?
• What can you do during pregnancy if you have gestational diabetes?
• If you get gestational diabetes, what do you need to do after your pregnancy?
The risk of gestational diabetes can be lowered. You can work with your doctor to maintain a healthy weight before pregnancy, keep your blood sugar in control during pregnancy, and obtain counseling on weight and diabetes management after pregnancy.
Learn how to plan for a healthy pregnancy for the well-being of you and your baby.