Turkey, Kale & Mushroom Lasagna
Prep: 40 minutes plus standing • Cook: 1 hour • Serves: 12
12 high fiber whole grain or white lasagna noodles
1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 packages (10 ounces each) sliced baby bella mushrooms
6 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 pound kale, ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
(about 12 cups packed)
4 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey or chicken
(white and/or dark meat)
1 can (29 ounces) tomato purée
3 cups warm water
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil) (about 5 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 container (15 ounces) fat-free ricotta cheese
1 package (4 ounces) chèvre cheese
2 large egg whites
Nonstick cooking spray
1-3/4 cups shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese (7 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook lasagna noodles as label directs.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through and almost all liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, basil and oregano, and cook 1 minute. Gradually add kale and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until wilted, covering between additions and stirring frequently. Transfer to large bowl; fold in chopped turkey. Makes about 10 cups.
3. Meanwhile, in blender, combine tomato purée, water, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Makes 7 cups.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, chèvre and egg whites. Makes 2-1/2 cups.
5. To assemble, spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In bottom of prepared dish, spread 1 cup tomato mixture. Top with 3 noodles, 1/3 turkey mixture (about 3-1/3 cups), 1-2/3 cups tomato mixture, 1/3 cheese mixture (about 3/4 cup) and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times; top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles and 1 cup tomato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 369 Calories, 10g Fat (24% of total calories), 4g Saturated Fat (10% of total calories), 53mg Cholesterol, 349mg Sodium, 41g Carbohydrates, 9g Fiber, 32g Protein
Dietary Exchanges: 2-1/2 Starch; 4-1/2 Protein; 2 Fat